Sunday 21 August 2011

Pet Portraits

So for my Dad's big five zero birthday I decided I wanted to get him something special rather than just ties and socks! After browsing through etsy and finding this shop I knew I wanted something like these! They are so cute and full of personality but a bit too much out of my price range.

I kept on searching for a artist that did customised oil paintings of your pets. Eventually I found John Payne's etsy shop an artist from London. I thought his paintings were amazing and so reasonably priced so decided to get a painting of our beloved Rhodesian Ridgeback, Tess.


Look how it turned out! Heres the photo that he worked from and here's the painting! How amazing, me and my Dad were both so pleased with it!!

You can check out John Payne's work at his etsy store here.

No comments:

Post a Comment