Thursday 11 August 2011

London & Yohji Yamamoto

Just before me and K went to Portugal we took a well needed visit to London. We have started making these London trips a kind of habit because since about a year or so ago I had maybe been to London twice in my life time, and now this past year we have been about 3 times!! 2 out of 3 has been for K's gigs with his band but nevertheless it is such a great excuse for a shopping trip! As we live in the North it does take about 7 hours on the megabus but I can't really complain when a return ticket costs around £20.00!

My main reason for my visit was to go to the Yohji Yamamoto exhibition at the V & A, who is one of my favourite designers. You weren't allowed to take photos but I found these here.




Also here's a few things I picked up.

Photography by Me

Urban Outfitters BDG High-Rise Ankle Cigarette Jeans - £25.00 (down from £50!) Recognise these!! The same ones that I bought online in the sale, I just wanted a second pair when the others become too worn!

Photograph by AA

American Apparel Skirt - I have wanted the longer version of this but I couldn't wait any longer and purchased this mid length one when i spotted the store London!

Photograph by Me

Cath Kidston Bag - Love this, I already have it in a different pattern but fancied a new one and it was in the sale!

Photograph by Me

Mango Dress - £9 in the sale! Bargain and thought it would be great for my holidays.


Urban Outfitters Shorts - £20 in the sale, perfect for Portugal! Gorgeous print with leaves, flowers, birds, giraffes and big cats!

Photograph by Me


This Costa Red Berry Fruit Cooler is soooooooooooooo nice, my favourite drink right now!

We also treated ourselves to a meal at the Green Door Oyster Bar & Grill. After searching all of google, reading reveiws etc trying to find a good steak house that served fillet steak (it's my favourite!!) I found the Green Door. The menu looked really tasty and quite reasonably price for London which had my fillet steak for around £20. When we got there it was the poshest place ever!! We were not expecting it at all!! It was quite funny actually because we had just finished shopping, rolled in wearing jeans and carrying our shopping bags, with the restaurant full of business men! We looked at the menu and it was completely different to the website's menu, including the prices!! My fillet steak was now £28!!!!!!!! We were contemplating whether to stay or go but we had already ordered drinks and felt stupid walking out so we stayed. I have to say my fillet was one of the best I have ever tasted and K also agreed. With only main courses and 2 drinks each our bill was £74!! I can safely say we lived on bread and butter for the next month! Oh well it was tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment